Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day Twenty-Five: hippies and feathers in hair. photos to describe the year.

I don't really feel like writing today.
I have lots of portfolios and exams to grade. I have 438 appointments coming up. I have to-do lists that are gigantic. It's getting hard to keep track of everything.
Hmm let's see. Good things.
-I drank chai today.
-I got some lovely and creative birthday presents from thoughtful co-workers.
-We have a half day on Thursday.
-I'm getting my hair cut/colored this weekend. I'm also getting these put in it:

Photo via Hair by Kayley Heeringa














I have been called a hippie by FOUR different people today. And that's without the feathers in my hair. :( It's fine. I'd prefer "free-spirited" or "artsy," but whatever. (:

When is Glee ever going to be new again?!

 ---------------
Writing Challenge Day 25
I'm doing a 31 day writing challenge, found on the Reverb website, designed to reflect on the past year and look forward to what's to come in 2011.



Photo – Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where....

I can't pick one. How about five? (:


Some days I like to pretend like I'm a ballerina. It's really because I just love dance in general and wish I was really good at it. Along with dance, I also love weekends in Chicago visiting wonderful friends. This photo reminds me of those two things: dance and travel. Summer days when there is nothing better to do than wander around the city taking photos, buying smoothies from Farmer's Markets, and spending the evening on a rooptop looking down at the city lights below.
I like to read. And learn. I used to pretend like I wasn't very smart... I would make dumb comments and act like I didn't know things. I have learned now to own my intelligence. I take it as a huge compliment when someone tells me they think I'm smart. It makes me proud, because I know I work really hard and I love to learn. I'm not afraid of that now.

This represents the arts to me. I cannot encompass all my "art" loves in one photo, so this represents them all: photography, jewelry, sewing, painting, cooking, etc. I also really like the beach and sunsets. (:

I want a longboard. I love skateboarding and miss it lots in the winter. For some reason, it makes me feel so empowered.

This is an obvious choice. Climbing mountains. I loooveee backpacking, and this past year was filled with trips. This is one of my favorite photos of all time. It just means a lot because I know the hard work and sweat and tiredness it took to get to the top of this pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment