Monday, January 3, 2011

Day Four: Really, who decided what type of food counts as breakfast food?


Quick sidenote before the actual post today. If you want some creative DIY ideas for gifts, visit this website:
http://www.giverslog.com/giftguides/

I'm personally thinking about doing the Flower Sash Tutorial first. I'll let you guys know how it goes. (:

 ----------
Writing Challenge Day 4
I'm doing a 31 day writing challenge, found on the Reverb website, designed to reflect on the past year and look forward to what's to come in 2011.
  

Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? // What do you wonder about?

I'll be honest. I think I tend to over-analyze, so I'm constantly wondering about things.

I wonder...
if I will ever travel enough to be satisfied.
what would have happened if I went to a different college in a different state.
where I would be if I had a different major.
why I wear certain shoes that I know will hurt my feet.
how taste buds work.
why I love watching dumb shows like the Bachelor.
why some words sounds weird when you say them a bunch of times.
why people tell me I'm intimidating.
what people bought before with the money I have in my wallet.
why I don't like movies.
why roses are supposed to be "romantic." I'd rather have wildflowers.
who decided what type of food is breakfast food. Why don't people eat sandwiches for breakfast?
why I like the people that hurt me.
what it would be like to live in other cultures.
what I'm supposed to do with my life.
why I like things that my family hates (coffee, for example)
why I people tell me I have a southern accent.
why more people don't like tofu.
why some people are so much harder to get over.
why professional athletes get paid so much.
why certain people are only in my life for a short period of time.
why certain people stick around.

I know this is weird, but when I was younger, I made a list of questions (like that, but simpler, obviously) that I had about life in general. My mind was always working. When I was 9, suddenly SO many things about life making sense to me. For some reason, that year, so many things clicked. Questions I had got answered. I started being able to figure things out on my own. It might have been because my best friend at the time was in 6th grade... but as a result, I stopped wondering as much as I did when I was young. It was like my curiosity was satisfied, and I didn't have the desire to ask those big questions anymore.
It's kind of sad. I guess it's a part of growing up. I just wonder if it has to be.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm glad you're doing this too! (:
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel? Nope, you can never do enough. Shoes? Get rid of them. Bachelor? Go to realitysteve.com and he'll tell you who wins..Saves lots of time. As you know, people in Europe eat sandwiches for breakfast all the time. How are you supposed to know what to do with your life when I don't even know? Professional athletes and actors...and you forgot to mention people who make fun of your smiley faces...Hope you're enjoying the writing...I think it's good for you!

    ReplyDelete