Friday, January 14, 2011

Day Fifteen: blazers. losing my memory in five minutes. tortilla soup.

There is a sale right now at J Crew. Go immediately and buy some things.
Here are a few things I got:












Okay, see that blazer on the left? Originally $198. Marked down to $70. PLUS 40% off of that. And free shipping! The other blazer was 40% off of $40. Originally something way more expensive. I have been loving wearing blazers lately. The only downside is I can't wear them with jeans to work. These two are knit/jersey blazers, so they're still structured, but more flexible than most "normal" blazers would be. I also bought some other things... Maybe I will do a "J Crew piece a day" post for a while and show you how I wore them.

Random thoughts:
-I don't really enjoy blood work. I boxed a guy out this morning because I went to get some done before school today. It opened at 7 am. I usually get to school at 6:35 or 6:45 am. They don't take appointments. It stressed me out because I knew I would be to school later than I wanted to be... and I knew I needed to be the first one in there. It was probably pretty funny to watch. I was half speedwalking and half running to the door to get there before him. In the snow. With my leggings and booties. No one else in sight.
-I like tortilla soup a lot. I just made some for dinner.
-I have about 200 essays to grade this weekend.
-My birthday is in 6 days!
-I have been wearing this un-hooded sweatshirt (noodie, as my students say...ha) nonstop for like 3 days when I get home from school. It's so comfy.
-My guitar case is sitting in front of my right now. I just brought it back to my house here. I need to play it.
-I need to finish learning Italian.

---------------
Writing Challenge Day 15
I'm doing a 31 day writing challenge, found on the Reverb website, designed to reflect on the past year and look forward to what's to come in 2011.


5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. 

Standing at the top of Hurricane Pass in the Grand Tetons. How blue the water was at Lake Louise, Morraine Lake, and Emerald Lake in Canada. Being able to walk to the beach from my house. Friends who visit from far away places. Chopping my hair. Post-conferences teacher hangouts. Being able to teach Creative Writing. Trips to Chicago to visit my BFF. Going sailing. Renting a mansion in Charlevoix for a week. Road trip to Wyoming (the state). Getting mono :( "Last Prom on Earth" for NYE. Chaperoning homecoming. Wednesday night dinners. Fights in my classroom during student teaching. Horse and carriage rides. Stargazing. Having art open houses with Shay. Beating the senior boys in student v. teacher Powderpuff volleyball. Mumford and Sons. New DSLR camera. Good bands at Founders and Holiday. Short Circle/small group at Mars Hill. Break ups. Good dates. Interviewing over the phone in the middle of my backpacking trips. The first day Beth and I moved into our house and the power went out. Taking the lantern to the beach and swinging. Reconnecting with old friends. Selling jewelry at art shows. Lots of new boots. Heartache. Strength. Charlie's cabin/seadooing. Mock Rock. Vegetarian cookbooks and sprout growing. Blasting Arcade Fire in the car. Hiking/hiking/hiking. Painting, Olga's, and lightning bugs at Reed's Lake. Playing games with family at Christmas. 5 year reunion. Candles. Getting caught in a thunder/hail storm on the top of a mountain. Marmots. "Skydiving." Growth. Renewal.


PS:
This is pretty entertaining. It has to do with colors and photography. Try it. (:

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I was waiting for this and I got excited when it popped up. Mine is in progress. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you forgot your mother's 50th birthday and being 5 years cancer free~ that certainly would make my list for 2010! What a great way to remember some wonderful times! What's this about "I also bought some other things from J Crew?" You didn't mention that! Save for your grad school missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great post. Definitely makes me want to visit those Canadian Lakes (how did Canada get so awesome, anyway?). Also, I took your advice and made some joyous J Crew purchases. 40% off WHAT! Also, Arcade Fire is amazing.

    ReplyDelete