Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Eighteen: freezing rain. Bachelor. volleyball matches.

Random thoughts about today:
-I'm happy Bachelor is on. I don't care if you judge me.
-It was really great playing volleyball today with some lovely people. (:
-I like tea during my planning hour. A lot. Especially jasmine/passion fruit tea.
-Why do I have no avocados in the house?
-It is raining right now. Freezing rain. Bleh.
-I think I have overplayed Mumford and Sons. I need a new favorite band.
-There are four months until I can get a new iPhone. My home button doesn't work well. :(
-I want my hair to grow out.

---------------
Writing Challenge Day 18
I'm doing a 31 day writing challenge, found on the Reverb website, designed to reflect on the past year and look forward to what's to come in 2011.


Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? 
There are a lot of things I want to do this year. I guess these are probably similar to things I wanted to do in 2010, but didn't have time/money/motivation/whatever.
1. Take a contemporary/lyrical dance class. I love dance. I am obsessed with "So You Think You Can Dance." NOT Dancing with the Stars. I also kind of want to take another ballroom class.
2. Go do pottery somewhere. Kiln and all.
3. Buy a really nice pair of jeans. Some of these are shallow goals. Oops.
4. Make a list of books I want to read and set a goal number that I'll get through.
I want to do the same with recipes.
5. Join a small group at church. Volunteer.
6. Write a decently long fiction piece just for fun.
7. Make more photo books from trips I've been on.
8. Get rid of stuff that I don't need/use/want. Donate it.
9. Plan a big trip for summer.
10. Buy a ukulele and learn how to play. Write songs. (:

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I think I....kind of like the Bachelor.

    New favorite band? Bat For Lashes!

    I just stacked my books on the floor, by the wall. 50 of them. I like to look at them. I'm going to read "Into the Wild."

    Today I slid all the paper off of my crayons. And then I put them all back on the wrong crayons! So White has a Red Orange wrapper. Pink has a Yellow Green paper. It's amazing! Haha

    Have you been reading Creative Is A Verb?

    ReplyDelete