Monday, January 31, 2011

Day Twenty-Eight: Flowers at work. Impulse plane ticket purchases. CALIFORNIA. Feather hair pictures.

Update #1: Yesterday I bought plane tickets to California. Impulsively. I spent much of last night researching and planning the trip. Here are some highlights of potentials. Most of them are musts.

Hiking in Red Rock. Vegas. Jason's Deli. Palm Springs. Condo. Aerial tram. Picnic at the top of a mountain. L.A. Trips to Newport Beach to surf. Farmer's markets. Frozen yogurt. Kayaking. Winery tours. Disneyland. Sun. Etc.

I seriously CAN'T WAIT. I have always wanted to go to Vegas. I love everything about California. It should work out well.

Update #2: I got flowers sent to me at work today. I love them. I like flowers a lot, I just hate roses or anything that's "normal." So tropical or wildflowers are fantastic. They look like this:



 Update #3: I took a picture of my new hair cut/color/feathers. Finally.


 Update #4: I want to sign up for hot yoga. I think I'm going to.

---------------
Writing Challenge Day 28
I'm doing a 31 day writing challenge, found on the Reverb website, designed to reflect on the past year and look forward to what's to come in 2011.


Achieve. What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
 
I want to achieve having more "me" time. Really figure out the things I love and things that are important to me. Eliminate things that are unnecessary. "Me" time could mean many things. Time to do art. Time by myself to think and journal. Time spent at the beach relaxing. Time doing yoga. Time to be spontaneous and young and impulsive. Time to buy plane tickets at random. (:

I imagine I will feel [[free]] when I achieve this.

10 things I can do/think in order to feel free:
1. Pierce my nose.
2. Wear outfits that don't match and not care what people think.
3. Leave the house without makeup.
4. Sign up for a dance class or yoga class just because I can.
5. Get rid of any people in my life that are not encouraging or supportive.
6. Sign up to do World Race. (:
7. Do random acts of kindness for people.
8. Go through old stuff and donate it or give it away.
9. Leave my phone at home for a day.
10. Stop making so many to-do lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment